Serverless architecture or “Function as a Service” for sake of
better name presents a unique way to build the applications effectively
and without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. This is
exciting for developers and organisations equally. Hence you can see a
lot of interest and growth in commercial offerings as well as open
source projects. In the first meetup of “Serverless Pune”, InfraCloud
CTO presents a brief introduction with demos!
The talk covers following areas:
- What is the definition and how it has evolved over a period of time.
We look at how serverless world moved from BaaS to FaaS.
- What are various frameworks & commercial offerings available for
implementing this type of architecture. We look at commercial
offerings from Google, AWS & Azure as well as open source once like
Fission, Funktion etc.
- Architectural considerations, benefits and challenges in
implementing a function as a service platform.
- Demo which cover running functions on AWS by manually creating whole
stack and then using Serverless framework to achieve the same with
- Deploying Fission framework on Kubernetes which servers as a
platform for running Functions as a Service
Looking for help with implementing serverless? learn why so many startups & enterprises consider us as one of the best serverless consulting & services providers.