The customer is the Supply Chain & Logistics company that has a cloud-based risk management platform used by Fortune 500 companies.
InfraCloud team built a Mesosphere DCOS based auto deployable infrastructure platform with a multi-cloud HA solution.
- The platform infrastructure should be cloud-agnostic, and it should be possible to deploy the whole platform at the click of a button.
- High Availability of four 9s was a requirement for components facing the end-user traffic and back-end data components.
- Microservices were to be containerized and monitored for effective identification of service degradation.
- Some solution components were to be integrated with the huge data pipeline; the big data solution was out of scope for this project.
- The prototype phase aimed to find the technologies fit for the use case by building and testing at a prototype scale.
- For container orchestration, we evaluated Kubernetes and DCOS Mesos. Based on maturity at that point and the requirement, we chose Mesos DCOS.
- We evaluated service discovery solutions among Consul, Etcd, Zookeeper. Based on the requirements, we chose Consul.
- Ansible and SaltStack were two options evaluated for platform automation. We chose Ansible as a solution.
- Cloud agnostic platform built with Ansible & Mesos. Ansible provisions the infra in any cloud and then sets up the Mesos cluster.
- On top of Mesos cluster services such as Kafka, ElasticSearch deployed using the DCOS framework. Application deployed as Dockerized containers using the Marathon framework.
- We Replicated the Kafka cluster across availability zones (AZ) with Kafka mirror. ElasticSearch indexes were backed up continuously and replicated across AZ.