CoreOS recently announced public availability of Tectonic – a pure Kubernetes platform, more details here and it is free to try upto 10 nodes. The platform promises to be always current version of Kubernetes with a secure and easy mechanism to patch and upgrade to latest versions.
Before we start
- An account where you have purchased the CoreOS tectonic product (Free for upto 10 nodes). Once you have bought the tectonic product you would also get software license key as well as pull secret which will be needed in subsequent steps.
- A pair of AWS keys with access to create infrastructure or a temporary session token
- A pair of SSH keys and public key updated in AWS EC2 (Network & security —> Key pairs) and in the zone that you intend to create cluster
- Certificates and keys if you plan on using your own and not use generated once.
- Hosted zone and the domain name as mentioned earlier in this post.